2.8 - 5.0mm id
- The PULL THRU™ Cleaning Brush can be used for effective manual cleaning of endoscope lumen channels from size 2.8mm to 5mm with a single pass.
- Designed to significantly reduce the time required to manually clean the lumen, and to improve the overall efficiency of the manual cleaning process.
- Traditional brushing methods require the endoscope channel to be traumatically and repeatedly brushed. Over a period this mechanical brushing technique creates microscopic crevices on the internal channel walls. Contaminated particles are left behind in the newly formed crevices making the cleaning process less effective. Over time, this continuous and constant abuse damages the endoscope, requiring expensive maintenance and downtime.
- The PULL THRU™ Cleaning Brush with its unique patented five wiper elements design, provides a complete circumferential seal in the lumen tube, thereby removing almost all residue from the internal channels in one simple operation. The effect of this multiple wiper seal is to completely wipe the lumen clean, providing a simple, smooth, non-abrasive, less-damaging and time saving method to the manually clean the endoscope channels in the most effective way.
- Single pass operation is scientifically proven to significantly improve the efficacy of the manual cleaning process compared with bristle brushes, even after three brushing cycles.
- The PULL THRU™ Cleaning Brush is disposable, removing the need for complicated cleaning and sterilisation procedures required for bristle brushes.
- It has an easy to use refillable cassette dispenser, with bulk refills available in multiples of 60 pieces.
HOW TO USE
Check wipers against distal end first; if they feel too tight check the channel id from the endoscope manufacturer's manual.
Insert the leader end first.
When the leader exits the scope, pull through the endoscope until the PULL THRU™ Cleaning Brush has passed completely through.
Check for soil on wipers 4 and 5. If there is soil, repeat steps 1-4 again.
Push the leader end through; use short hand-strokes. The PULL THRU™ Cleaning Brush should pass easily through the channel.
TIPS & TECHNIQUES
- Always check the fit of the PULL THRU Cleaning Brush in the distal end prior to use, to ensure the correct brush has been selected.
- The PULL THRU™ Cleaning Brush cleans best when submerged in a detergent bath (always wet the wipers prior to insertion in a channel) – watch the video on the home page of this site for a demonstration.
- If you have accidentally used the wrong brush for your channel do not try and pull it out. Doing so may damage the scope and cause expensive repairs.
- The PULL THRU™ Cleaning Brush products are designed to clean in a single pass. You should follow your in-house procedures when determining the number of passes to make through each channel. Always brush until the channel is clean.